Hardwood Floor Restoration and Repairs
Restore Your Wood Floors to their Natural Beauty without the Dust and Harmful Fumes
We are Bona Certified Craftsman
Bona Certified Craftsmen are hand-picked, proven, top level professionals, trained and certified by Bona to use the complete Bona System on your hardwood floors. We are devoted to Bona product systems; we voluntarily undergo continued Bona training to keep up-to-date on the industry’s “best practices” and are rigorously tested by Bona to ensure the most beautiful and durable results possible for your hardwood floors. Trust a Bona Certified Craftsman with the largest investment in your home.
The Bona Atomic DCS® Difference
Hardwood floors add beauty and value to your home, and refinishing is the best way to enhance and preserve that beauty. Traditional hardwood floor sanding is typically an extremely dusty process—a dust storm in your home, lingering dust in your air-ducts, and a clean-up headache that feels like it will never end. But today there is a cleaner, healthier, and faster process with the Atomic Dust Containment Systems from Bona.
The innovative concept of the Bona Atomic DCS® is to have powerful vacuums attached to all of the sanding equipment. Airborne dust is captured and contained removing it from the sanding area. Dust generated by the sanding process is evacuated to a sealed container mounted in a trailer outside your home or contained in a sealed drum in the portable Atomic 110.
Higher quality finish results are achieved by removing the airborne dust that could settle and contaminate the floor as finishing coats dry. The atomic DCS also keep your home healthier by keeping your air and air ducts free of dust particles that could linger for months.
The Atomic Dust Containment Systems are the most advanced and powerful dust containment systems available, reducing dust far beyond what the traditional sanding process generates.
Healthy - Wise - Durable - Beautiful
Bona’s Swedish waterborne finishes are the most durable polyurethane hardwood floor finishes of any kind. They are also non-yellowing and will not change color over time, highlighting the true beauty and elegance of the wood.
Here's What You Can Expect from Our Process
1. A crew brings in the equipment and connects it to either the trailer mounted or portable atomic dust containment system so that the dust is always contained.
2. The first sanding pass removes the old finish and levels the floor. Multiple passes are done with successively finer grits to build the best foundation for a beautiful final finish. Specialized sanders deal with all the floor edges.
3. Where necessary, cracks, gouges, and holes are repaired with special Bona floor filler. The entire floor may be trowel filled to prepare for the smoothest possible finish.
4. Then, final sanding passes are made with a buffer. Once the floor is smooth it is thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed in preparation for the next step.
5. If you would like to change the color of your floor Dri–fast wood stain is applied at this point. There is a wide variety of stains to choose from that will perfectly compliment your cabinets and furniture.
6. Finally a Bona wood sealer and two to three coats of finish are applied to create an exceptionally durable hardwood floor.
No Need to Vacate Your Home
Bona finishes are environmentally safe with low VOC’s. With no harmful fumes, you don’t have to move out of the house during refinishing. As the finish dries, water – not harmful solvents – evaporates into the air, leaving the protective, urethane coating on the wood. All Bona waterborne finishes are GREEGUARD certified for indoor air quality.
Back on Your Floor in No Time!
Your floor can be walked on with stocking feet in 3 to 4 hours, and furniture can be placed back on the floor (not dragged) in 72 hours. Area rugs can be put down in one week when the finish is fully cured.
We're proud to serve our customers throughout Fremont, Newark, Oakland, Alameda, Menlo Park, Baylands, Blacow, South Sundale, Sundale, Glenmoor, Centerville, Grimmer, Cabrillo, Milpitas, Union City, Ardenwood, Northgate, Irvington, Warm Springs, and the greater San Jose, California area.